As it is Bake Off time of year, I got inspired to get in the kitchen and try my hand at making some delicious treats.
Today, since I had a load of very ripe bananas, I decided to try and make banana bread. However, since I am trying to be healthy as I’ve just got back from a week on holiday, I tried to make it using very little fat and no refined sugar! This means that even though it feels indulgent to eat, it’s actually pretty good for you.
Fruit based breads are delicious, and not only make great snacks but also great breakfasts as when toasted and topped with peanut butter they are simply delicious!
- 300g self raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Sprinkle of salt
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- 200ml of vegan milk (I used unsweetened soy)
- 3 medium sized ripe bananas
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 50ml of date syrup
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius
- Mash bananas until almost smooth
- Add bananas to dry ingredients along with other wet ingredients
- Mix until combined
- Pour mixture into greased pan
- Place in the oven for 30 minutes, or until golden brown on top
- Allow to cool, then enjoy!